Former Days Of Our Lives actresses and mother/daughter writing team, Kimberley A. Johnson and Ann Werner talk with Anna Banks, host of Living Fully After 40 Radio about their recently debuted their new book about FIRST TIME SEX.
THE VIRGIN DIARIES is a compilation of anonymous stories describing the experience of first time consensual sex. The respondents are divided equally between men and women who range from 20-77 years of age. Six of the stories are from gay individuals and are also equally split along gender lines. Although the book obviously deals with sex, the main objective of the project is to highlight the emotional aspect of one of life’s most pivotal experiences. We have provided no commentary, rather the stories stand on their own merits, allowing the reader to form his or her own conclusions.
The book was created to provide virgins with the tools to make an informed decision as well as an opportunity for parents to open a dialogue with their children on the often difficult subject of sex. Surprisingly, Virgin Diaries is finding an unexpected audience with men and women of the Baby Boomer generation.
The stories come from real people and the messages delivered are often inspirational, sometimes a bit uncomfortable but always informative and entertaining. With so many mixed messages in our society where sex is concerned, THE VIRGIN DIARIES is timely and a great talking point.
About the authors:
Both worked on Days of Our Lives for over seven years. Kimberley played a police office and Ann played Eliana, maid to the evil Stefano DiMera.
- is a fiction writer and her title The People Next Door is available from on-line booksellers and to order at local bookstores
- has held sales positions including radio time sales, cemetery plots and everything in between
- is a professional wine consultant
Kimberley A. Johnson
- attended the Anglo American School in Moscow Russia during the 1981 school year
- has held sales positions ranging from fine China to industrial chemicals
- has a talent for asking questions
More information about The Virgin Diaries, including questions and quotes visit www.arkstories.com