Welcome to Job Search and Employability Skills Training. My name is Anna D. Banks, GCDF and I will be your Job Search and Employability Skills Trainer this during Fall 2007 semester.
I want to congratulate each of you for taking this outstanding first step toward living a life of which you can be proud.
We are going to use this blog for several things this semester. To name a few:
- Ongoing dialogue between you (students) and I
- Homework assignments
- Introduction to ‘instant’ online publishing to create and increase your “personal brand”
- Increasing our computer literacy skills.
By the way, did you notice that I wrote “our” computer literacy skills? Yes, I’m learning to use the new technology in education, training and career development. So we’ll be learning together.
Just a couple of rules for using this blog:
- You must check the blog at least once a week. However, I will post job openings and other valuable information regularly, so if you don’t want to miss something, check daily.
- Zero tolerance for profanity (i.e. No profanity will be used on this blog)
- Always be respectful of what you say and write to others
- To comment on a post, look for the comment link at the end of the post. A pop-up window will be displayed for your comment.
- You must use your name when commenting. Comments without a name will be deleted!
I look forward to working with each of you as you travel on your journey to achieve academic and career success.
On the Road Less Travelled,
3rd level, Green Area, Room 3190